Improvement of teaching-learning environment in the Institute of Education and Research, University of Rajshahi
Two years (July 01, 2014 – June 30, 2016)
1,20,00,000 (One Crore Twenty Lac Taka Only)
1. To increase teaching-learning atmosphere through developing physical facilities of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi by 2016.
2. To enhance the capacity of the teaching staffs of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi by 2016.
1. To improve classroom, seminar library and other institutional facilities of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi.
2. To establish ICT infrastructure including computer lab for the teacher and students of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi.
3. To publish peer-reviewed international quality journal on education by the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi.
4. To enhance capacity of the professional staffs by holding on specialized courses or training and by participating in the international research conferences of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi.
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
This sub-project aims to develop overall teaching-learning provisions and to improve the capacity of the teaching staffs of the Institute of Education and Research of University of Rajshahi. Through this project, ICT-based effective and interactive teaching-learning environment will be established to improve the quality of education. To do so, academic infrastructures of the institute will be renovated and modernized by incorporating ICT infrastructures. Academic staffs will also be trained in order to be acquainted with the new teaching-learning environment. The new teaching-learning resources will be accessible to the both teachers and students that will break the walls of traditional way of learning. With the help of new teaching-learning resource and improved physical facilities, we will be able to continue our present and upcoming educational programs smoothly. Through this project, our students will get the opportunities to read enough books and journals as well as their expertise, pedagogical knowledge and skills will be developed in-lined with the ICT factors. Therefore, our students will get quality education and the number of our students and their productivity will be increased. We will also be able to start research-based training programs along with our regular courses. Researchers, teachers and students can publish their research-based articles on education through our journal which will enhance their research expertise and career opportunity. As a result, many students will get quality education from our institute and quality of higher education will be increased.
RELEVANCE OF THE PROJECT
Quality teaching in higher education matters for students’ learning outcomes. However, fostering quality teaching presents higher education institutions with a range of challenges at a time when the higher education sector is coming under pressure from many different directions. Institutions need to ensure that the education they offer can meet the expectations of students and the requirements of employers- both today and for the future. Yet higher education institutions are complex organizations where the institution-wide vision and strategy needs to be well-aligned with bottom-up practices and innovations in teaching and learning. Developing institutions as effective learning communities where excellent pedagogical practices are developed and shared also requires leadership and collaboration. Bangladesh government puts great emphasis to develop the quality of tertiary education through UGC and it is supposed that the struggle to achieve this goal will be lead by our universities. We do hope that our project will make us capable to meet the mentioned challenges in order to ensure quality education at Institute of Education and Research (IER) of University of Rajshahi enhancing teaching-learning provisions.
SUB-PROJECT MANAGEMENT TEAM (SPMT)
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
Capacity development of teaching staff
Training on ‘SPSS and Applied Statistics’
Training on ‘Teaching Methodology’
Organize two workshops
Collect specialized software for the teaching staffs
Publish peer-reviewed journal
Development of physical infrastructure
Renovation of two classrooms
Establish ICT lab
Reorganize the Seminar library
Establish multi-media based classrooms
Improve networking system of the institute
Update the web site with plagiarism and library software
Improve work environment of the teaching staffs
Improve teaching-learning facilities
Before the project
After the project